What system do you run?

A place to relax and chat about anything

Moderator: Wyatt

Forum rules
This section is also fully coverd by the general forum rules. But we want to remind our users here to some very important points:
  • Only show media with appropiate content for all ages
  • Don't post content that might be offensive to anybody
This list will be continued if necessary.[/color]
Wyatt
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What system do you run?

Unread post by Wyatt » October 7th, 2008, 11:03 pm

I have alot of friends trying to convince me to try it, I might give it a try soon and see how Ubuntu is like.
Wyatt is so juicy, he's such a badass. he is fearless, he is like this carnal, feisty terminator type. he is really naughty and that makes him so much fun to play. Wyatt rocks!

Out here in the edge of the universe, who you are, what you believe, is everything!

scott813

Unread post by scott813 » October 7th, 2008, 11:48 pm

yea its cool you can try it without installing it. just go to ubuntu.com and download the iso file and burn it to a disk and you can just boot from the disk and still have your regular os

Vijabei
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Vijabei » October 8th, 2008, 6:21 am

Everybody is using the system of his choice. But what was your choice and why? Maybe you know this video already, but I think, it could be true ;)

the original video you can find here: http://www.mojaveexperiment.com
"The person you are calling is not available at present."

Chars:
  • Vijabei
  • Marlina
  • Joe Sixpack

scott813

Unread post by scott813 » October 8th, 2008, 11:26 am

haha i would assume they fixed all the bugs for the system they showed these people though. if they had given them my computer when i had vista they would have thrown it out the window hahaha

Starshine
Veteran Clan Member

Unread post by Starshine » October 8th, 2008, 12:59 pm

i have vista and i dont like it xDDD i prefer xp but im too lazy to put it xDDDDDDD
Don't ever call me Starshine or you will have problems with a crazy girl xD

Torgo

Unread post by Torgo » October 10th, 2008, 11:07 am

I run Ubuntu 8.04. I've been on linux for about 8 yrs now and absolutely LOVE it. (I was a mac fanboy before - never liked Microsoft)

I highly recommend Ubuntu.

I have a friend who had been bugging me for years to try Linux - I wasn't ready to give up my Mac though. I had acquired an old PC from somewhere so I decided I'd install RedHat on it (this was 9 yrs ago). I was impressed and continued to use it - but had it setup as dual boot to Windows for about a year before I realized I never actually had to boot to windows - unless I wanted to play my flight simulator.

Things began to improve slowly at first, then rapidly, and here we are 9 yrs later and I don't own or use a single Microsoft product and I'm a much more satisfied user as a result. I have total control over my PC, it restarts only when I tell it to, it is secure, 99% of the applications I run are free (I've purchased a few games), when something does go wrong, somebody has almost certainly run into the issue and has a fix for it - I don't have to wait for a patch from the OS vendor (let alone pay for it). The linux community is awesome.

If you want to give it a try without installing it, you can download the installer, burn it to CD and boot from it. Then you can play around a bit and see how it goes - it will be a limited experience of course, since it won't save anything to your disk (while running from a CD)

Curt

Unread post by Curt » October 10th, 2008, 5:18 pm

i am also using ubuntu
8.04 XD

i used windows until april when i switched to ubuntu so i didnt have to use vista

so far my ewxperience has been really good

scott813

Unread post by scott813 » October 10th, 2008, 6:56 pm

haha so fart