Connection to AutoPatch Server Failed

A place to relax and chat about anything

Moderator: Wyatt

Forum rules
This section is also fully coverd by the general forum rules. But we want to remind our users here to some very important points:
  • Only show media with appropiate content for all ages
  • Don't post content that might be offensive to anybody
This list will be continued if necessary.[/color]
DraganBlades
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Connection to AutoPatch Server Failed

Unread post by DraganBlades » March 11th, 2013, 8:39 pm

Is anybody else getting the error "Connection to AutoPatch Server Failed" when logging in? I was able to get in earlier today but now this is what I'm getting. Wondering whether the problem is mine or NGD's.

Well i was checking CoR forums and found this and heres what the Gm Said

It's an NGD problem, they're having some connection issues at one of the nodes near the servers in Sweden. Hopefully all will be back to normal soon.

Wyatt
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Connection to AutoPatch Server Failed

Unread post by Wyatt » March 11th, 2013, 9:16 pm

More info here: http://www.championsofregnum.com/forum/ ... hp?t=96895
And here: http://www.championsofregnum.com/forum/ ... ost1711009

Frosk said this:
Hi everyone!

We're currently having some issues in one of our nodes near the Datacenter located in Sweden, which is why you may be experiencing connection problems in any of our services.

Since this is out of reach for us, we're informing you that the problem is being already analyzed, and of course, we hope it gets solved as soon as possible.

We deeply apologize for any inconveniences.

Best regards,
Wyatt is so juicy, he's such a badass. he is fearless, he is like this carnal, feisty terminator type. he is really naughty and that makes him so much fun to play. Wyatt rocks!

Out here in the edge of the universe, who you are, what you believe, is everything!

DraganBlades
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Unread post by DraganBlades » March 11th, 2013, 10:52 pm

Are you so addicted to RO that you want a way to get around the "autopatch" error? Well here's Aari to the rescue

Trust me, this is actually very simple if you know how to follow instructions

There are 3 things you need.
1) The location to "game.exe". In Windows, it's usually: "C:\Games\NGD Studios\Regnum Online\LiveServer\ROClientGame.exe"
2) Your username
3) An md5 hash of your password (read below)

The first two are self explanatory, but if you're confused as to how to accomplish the third...go to the following website

http://www.md5hashgenerator.com/

Type in your password in the text box provided and click "Generate MD5 Hash". You should receive a new hash that represents your password.

After you have those 3 things, starting the game is easy. There are several ways to do it but I'll explain the non-geek friendly way in Windows.

Windows

Step 1) Find the Windows "run" program. (It's usually in the "accessories" category within the start menu)

Step 2) In the text box that's provide, type the path to roclientgame.exe, your username, and your md5 hashed password separated by spaces. (ex. "C:\Games\NGD Studios\Regnum Online\LiveServer\ROClientGame.exe Aari 8277e0910d750195b448797616e091ad")

Step 3) Press run and enjoy.

Proof that this works? Well I'm in the game right now

ALL CREDIT TO AARI'S

Wyatt
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Wyatt » March 11th, 2013, 11:02 pm

By-passing the launcher in such a way is not recommended for security reasons.
I will wait for the auto-patch server to come back. Besides, this gives me time to study. :P
Wyatt is so juicy, he's such a badass. he is fearless, he is like this carnal, feisty terminator type. he is really naughty and that makes him so much fun to play. Wyatt rocks!

Out here in the edge of the universe, who you are, what you believe, is everything!

Kaye
High Council
High Council

Unread post by Kaye » March 11th, 2013, 11:33 pm

Here's a different way that you just make a shortcut with so you don't have to use run every time :P

phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4673
Other games I play:
Tribes Ascend- Kaye ; HoN- Kaye23 ; STO- Kaye, Kae ; BF3- KayeAurelius ; Neverwinter- Kaye, Kae, Kay
Blacklight Retribution- Kaelin(US/AU), Kaye(EU)

Wyatt
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Wyatt » March 12th, 2013, 12:25 am

By-passing isn;t necessary. I am able to play the game via Steam very well. I just needed to restart the Steam client and start the game again. Apparently, the game updated through Steam before I launched it.

Wyatt
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Wyatt » March 13th, 2013, 1:27 am

This issue is solved.