Suggestion for Portal

What features do you want to see on our sites?

Moderators: Wyatt, Developers

Nhuzgul
Master
Master

Suggestion for Portal

Unread post by Nhuzgul » August 11th, 2010, 9:59 am

Would there be a way to take the code from the boss respawn post on the teamignis site and use it to do something similar on our portal?
- Nhuzzy

"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you might just get what you need." - Rolling Stones

Lady Stardust fan
Development Team
Development Team

Re: Suggestion for Portal

Unread post by Lady Stardust fan » August 11th, 2010, 8:57 pm

Good idea, will be able to fit it into the design if Joel knows how to code it.
La Mer - 50_______Lady Stardust - 38_______I-R-Racoon - 41
"And I'd trade it all away for you my love..."

Wyatt
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Wyatt » August 11th, 2010, 9:30 pm

It should be very simple and easy to do actually.

I don't see it as a mandatory thing to go on the portal. Any viable reason why it should?
Wyatt is so juicy, he's such a badass. he is fearless, he is like this carnal, feisty terminator type. he is really naughty and that makes him so much fun to play. Wyatt rocks!

Out here in the edge of the universe, who you are, what you believe, is everything!

Nhuzgul
Master
Master

Unread post by Nhuzgul » August 11th, 2010, 9:55 pm

No real viable reason. Just another piece of information that could be added to the portal that could be checked at a glance. I know that a lot of people ask (in game) when bosses are going to spawn, it would just be easier to point them to the portal or to check the portal real quick and give them a definitive answer in stead of "I think they killed Rah yesterday". It might actually increase site traffic too. Though I'm not sure if that is something you are going for.

Basically, I envision (though my vision doesn't really count) the portal as a "One Stop Shop" for a quick and basic view of the overall status of Ignis. I think the boss status should be part of that.

Just my 2 cents.
- Nhuzzy

"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you might just get what you need." - Rolling Stones

Wyatt
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Wyatt » August 11th, 2010, 9:59 pm

You gave a good enough reason :D

- More traffic to the site
- Quick and basic information of the status of Ignis (Which includes the bosses).

I will see if I can do this before the week ends or I will put it up next week :)

Your wrong Chris, your vision does count. ;) :) 8-)
Wyatt is so juicy, he's such a badass. he is fearless, he is like this carnal, feisty terminator type. he is really naughty and that makes him so much fun to play. Wyatt rocks!

Out here in the edge of the universe, who you are, what you believe, is everything!

Wyatt
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Wyatt » August 20th, 2010, 2:52 pm

Your suggestion is live!

:)

Nhuzgul
Master
Master

Unread post by Nhuzgul » August 20th, 2010, 8:10 pm

Nice...I like it...Glad I could help improve the site.
- Nhuzzy

Wyatt
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Wyatt » August 22nd, 2010, 7:07 am

Closing since suggestion is up! :)