IRC suggestion

What features do you want to see on our sites?

Moderators: Wyatt, Developers

Bitmoose
Initiate
Initiate

IRC suggestion

Unread post by Bitmoose » March 22nd, 2011, 2:09 am

Hey so I was thinking of maybe having a bot on the irc client to maybe allow more use of it. The kind of bot I'm talking of is like maybe a trivia bot, either a trivia bot of the game or just any trivia. When I played Warcraft III, I was in a clan, and we used a trivia bot for the clan channel and I though it was pretty fun. It added points and what not to your name. But I just thought it would be kinda neat to have a trivia bot of any kind, I know that I would use the irc a lot more, it doesnt need to add points but just something to stimulate the brain and give a fun way to use the IRC since it hasnt been getting too much use from what i have seen. Just a little suggestion...

Also from what i have seen Warcraft III chat is very similar to that of the IRC client. I do not think you need to put in any work besides finding a trivia bot to download, if you would like I may be able to assist you with finding one... please let me know how you feel about this subject.

P.S. I may have found one but I am not positive.

Lady Stardust fan
Development Team
Development Team

Re: IRC suggestion

Unread post by Lady Stardust fan » March 22nd, 2011, 7:45 am

Sounds good, post the one you found and we will see what it can do.

Remember good old !8 ? xD
La Mer - 50_______Lady Stardust - 38_______I-R-Racoon - 41
"And I'd trade it all away for you my love..."

Bitmoose
Initiate
Initiate

Unread post by Bitmoose » March 22nd, 2011, 12:26 pm

Not positive if it will work but here is the link it seems to have a ton of features....

http://www.irctriviabot.com/

Wyatt
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Wyatt » March 22nd, 2011, 12:33 pm

Looks very interesting, I'll look into this and see what I can do. All in all, is a great idea. Thanks for suggesting it.
Wyatt is so juicy, he's such a badass. he is fearless, he is like this carnal, feisty terminator type. he is really naughty and that makes him so much fun to play. Wyatt rocks!

Out here in the edge of the universe, who you are, what you believe, is everything!

Wyatt
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Wyatt » March 22nd, 2011, 12:59 pm

If anyone wants to join the IRC channel, here is the link: http://irc.thedarklegion.org/
Wyatt is so juicy, he's such a badass. he is fearless, he is like this carnal, feisty terminator type. he is really naughty and that makes him so much fun to play. Wyatt rocks!

Out here in the edge of the universe, who you are, what you believe, is everything!

Bitmoose
Initiate
Initiate

Unread post by Bitmoose » March 23rd, 2011, 6:16 am

Alright guys the trivia bot is up and running!! It took me a ton of work just trying to install it... Anyways you can check it out on the irc if my computer will stay on...

Commands are as follows
@kill <nickname>
@pickpocket <nickname>
@time
@help

Help will show you the rest of the commands, hope you enjoy it. I would love to see about trying to get some regnum questions. Maybe we would start building a list and when we got enough add them.

Wyatt
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Wyatt » March 23rd, 2011, 11:42 am

Will totally check this, thanks!!

Nhuzgul
Master
Master

Unread post by Nhuzgul » March 23rd, 2011, 1:18 pm

That trivia bot is a blast....a little too heavy on the Pop Culture questions, but that could be a ton of fun with more people than just Boss, Bit and myself
- Nhuzzy

"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you might just get what you need." - Rolling Stones