Programmer/Developer Section?

What features do you want to see on our sites?

Moderators: Wyatt, Developers

AKM
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Programmer/Developer Section?

Unread post by AKM » May 1st, 2011, 2:45 am

I may just be blind, or maybe I am fully misunderstanding something.

It has come to my attention that many people in the clan are into programming, wither it be Professional, Educational, or just a Hobby. I think it would be pretty cool if we could possibly make some utility/misc. programs... Just think it would be fun, may also learn a thing or two. Its been my experience that people who learn things from each other tend to trust one another and therefore grow stronger bonds. I know I'm just a simple newcomer, figured Id just give it a shot.

Maybe we could have a sub-forum that has just a bunch of source codes that we may have individually created or designed. Another sub-forum for ideas. Another for Works-In-Progress. And a Final for clan completed programs... Oh and maybe a sub-forum for us to say what languages we, as individuals, use. Then kind of work from there.

//Im not going to pretend I am an expert, I'm still a student.
//Figured it'd be nice for the clan to do something together, not related to RO.

Maybe this has already been suggested, or you already have this. I am due for new glasses.

Wyatt
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Programmer/Developer Section?

Unread post by Wyatt » May 1st, 2011, 2:51 am

We actually have a developer section for the Development Team. Its private and only for development team members only. We are looking for all type of developers, so if your interested in becoming part of the team just send me a PM with your experience and what you can offer to the team.

Indeed, I have learned a lot from everyone in the development team, and to say that I started off without knowing anything but Vijabei and others have helped me learn a lot, and I have learned a lot on my own.

I like your idea overall and could be use in the development team private section.
Wyatt is so juicy, he's such a badass. he is fearless, he is like this carnal, feisty terminator type. he is really naughty and that makes him so much fun to play. Wyatt rocks!

Out here in the edge of the universe, who you are, what you believe, is everything!

Bitmoose
Initiate
Initiate

Unread post by Bitmoose » May 1st, 2011, 2:53 am

AKM
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Unread post by AKM » May 1st, 2011, 3:02 am

Honestly, there's nothing I can offer, Im sure everyone is a bit more advanced then I am. Trying to further my education really (yeah I'm one of those people). Im sure the most I would be able to do is just sit in and study whats going on. Ill bring it up with you the next time Im in game... My internet crapped out on me tonight, think my router is dieing. Good thing I haz a kindle :D

Wyatt
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Wyatt » May 1st, 2011, 3:08 am

Everyone can offer something as long as they're able to program in the language they are learning in. Recently I started learning Jquery because we are developing our newest tool under that now and I want to be able to help using that programming language. Of course nothing is easy or simple, but I believe you can also contribute to the programming language your good in and we can also learn from you in that department, things can go both ways.

Making programs sounds like something I am really liking, I am not experienced in that department, but I am sure other development teams members are, like Dracice for example.

tools.thedarklegion.org has several tools that you can check out.
Wyatt is so juicy, he's such a badass. he is fearless, he is like this carnal, feisty terminator type. he is really naughty and that makes him so much fun to play. Wyatt rocks!

Out here in the edge of the universe, who you are, what you believe, is everything!