Clan Roster - Bug

Here you will find sections to treat any problem your having.

Moderators: Wyatt, Council

Vincent Valentine
Master
Master

Clan Roster - Bug

Unread post by Vincent Valentine » December 13th, 2009, 5:52 pm

When I try to put my character Vivi's Chaos into the roster it gives me the following error:

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Fehler in der SQL-Syntax. Bitte die korrekte Syntax im Handbuch nachschlagen bei 's Chaos', 'Dark Elf', 'M', 'Mage', 'Warlock', '31', '1')' in Zeile 2 [1064]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Note: I was able to add my character Vincent Valentine to the list and Ronon Dex my Barbarian.

My character exact name is: Vivi's Chaos
Destroyer of players,killer of kings,I'm the one that destroys all things, I can move by slowly but I move so fast, I can disappear with out warning and I can always last what am I ? A Hunter ^_^

Wyatt
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Clan Roster - Bug

Unread post by Wyatt » December 13th, 2009, 6:04 pm

's

The problem must be that. Vivi's Chaos is the name but it makes a error because of the ( 's Chaos ).

We will see what we can do, but maybe you should try putting Vivis Chaos?
Wyatt is so juicy, he's such a badass. he is fearless, he is like this carnal, feisty terminator type. he is really naughty and that makes him so much fun to play. Wyatt rocks!

Out here in the edge of the universe, who you are, what you believe, is everything!

Vijabei
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Clan Roster - Bug

Unread post by Vijabei » December 13th, 2009, 8:53 pm

It is the single quote mark. To be able to use special chars in a text which are also used in the PHP code, I have to mask them with a slash. The original script does not recognize this.

I am able to solve this. Please use until then Wyatts solution without single quote mark. Everybody is able to edit the name in the character management.

Every bug can reported in the Bug Tracker under flyspray.thedarklegion.org. The development team will be informed by an automated mail about every issue.
"The person you are calling is not available at present."

Chars:
  • Vijabei
  • Marlina
  • Joe Sixpack