NGD @ it again

Here you will find sections to treat any problem your having.

Moderators: Wyatt, Council

ThatNiggaB
Initiate
Initiate

NGD @ it again

Unread post by ThatNiggaB » April 4th, 2010, 5:02 pm

Gee I sure hope maybe you all could help me out on this. I'll give a little background first before I give the problem. Before my 2nd hiatus, I played Regnum on 2 different computers.. My PC at home running windows Vista, and my mothers PC (not so much, strictly grinding due to constant lag.. (-.-)) I ran Spybot, system mechanic, and virus scans on both computers (including the problematic regnum installation file) to try and get them ready to run Regnum. Now, I tried to log in over at my mothers house first; and got a message that the software was obsolete, and I had to download the installer from the site with better graphics, blah blah blah.. So I uninstalled the copy of Regnum I had on this computer first, and then proceeded to download that big freaking 700 MB SOB.. got it saved to the desktop.. herein lies the problem. Every time I try to execute anything to do with the file it locks up the computer completely, will not end task and I have to reboot. I tried going into options, playing with the security on the file...same story. Just locks up and the apply button stays depressed. So I tried playing with the compatibility settings to no avail. Just locks up and crashes explorer every time. So I am afraid to try it on my home computer. Short of re-formatting the hard drive..I dunno what else to try. I don't even know why it hangs for no apparent reason. Unless NGD broke it when they 'fixed' shyt. Which is why I feel this is appropriately named 'NGD at it again'. Any assistance is greatly appreciated and I thank you all ahead of time for your time in reading this. Looks like it will be a while longer for my return to the Regnum gaming community. :? Hope to get this resolved soon.

Grudgingly waiting,
~B

Wyatt
Administrator
Administrator

Re: NGD @ it again

Unread post by Wyatt » April 4th, 2010, 5:06 pm

Download Regnum Online using the torrent link on the download section on their site.

Try to run Regnum Online again.

Just in case what are your systems specs on your mother pc and yours? graphic card? drivers up to date?
Wyatt is so juicy, he's such a badass. he is fearless, he is like this carnal, feisty terminator type. he is really naughty and that makes him so much fun to play. Wyatt rocks!

Out here in the edge of the universe, who you are, what you believe, is everything!

ThatNiggaB
Initiate
Initiate

Unread post by ThatNiggaB » April 4th, 2010, 5:38 pm

Okay will do..

Thanks for the swift response.. :) I've been trying to get a text file of my system specs on this computer..but no luck. The basic stuff is Window XP Service pack 3, Intel Celeron 4 Processor 2.80 ghz, Hard drive is 37.2 GB - 18.7 free, 512 MB RAM. Not spectacular...my computer at home is a bit newer so = better. But I will try the torrent now, although I hate torrent programs.. Will let you know how it goes..

Wyatt
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Wyatt » April 4th, 2010, 5:43 pm

Yeah Regnum Online needs at least 1GB of RAM to run smoothly.

The specs on your new pc is better?

The torrent file should help, its the same, but i think there is something wrong with the regular download.
Wyatt is so juicy, he's such a badass. he is fearless, he is like this carnal, feisty terminator type. he is really naughty and that makes him so much fun to play. Wyatt rocks!

Out here in the edge of the universe, who you are, what you believe, is everything!

ThatNiggaB
Initiate
Initiate

Unread post by ThatNiggaB » April 4th, 2010, 5:48 pm

Yea this computer is pretty old. Funny thing is it was the shyt when it first came out lol. Is obsolete now.. But yea my computer at home is considerably better..was bought within the last 2 years. But if I have problems with the low-end system, I can expect the same with Vista for sure (X_x).. We shall see if the torrent fixes thing though. -=keeps fingers crossed=- I'll keep you posted. @ 8.3 on the torrent now and just started it 2 minutes ago. You're right, it IS faster...weird..

~B

Wyatt
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Wyatt » April 4th, 2010, 5:58 pm

Yep is faster because of the seeders and leechers there xD

It should work Brandon, lets hope

ThatNiggaB
Initiate
Initiate

Unread post by ThatNiggaB » April 4th, 2010, 6:37 pm

Nope, tried opening it through utorrent, and all I get is a hourglass and the entire system freezes...start menu still lights up but I can't even switch between windows apart from ctrl-alt-del.. So gonna try it once more in safe mode if I can, and if not..then it's over for this computer...I'm not re-formatting it again anytime soon...I just spent like 3 hours doing it 6-8 months ago and told my ppls when I did it I was gonna charge the next time lol. So either way, probably might as go ahead and close this. Thanks for the help Joeletto. :P Take care and if it works I will see you in game, if not then well.. I suppose I won't then will I? xD

Thanks again,
~B

Wyatt
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Wyatt » April 4th, 2010, 7:18 pm

I guess your PC has reached the end of the line :P