Latitude / Longitude Input

Here you will find sections to treat any problem your having.

Moderators: Wyatt, Council

Latem
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Latitude / Longitude Input

Unread post by Latem » May 8th, 2010, 1:32 am

Using Google Earth I obtained the latitude and longitude of the location where I reside. The format provided by GE is degrees, minutes, and seconds. I took this information and converted to what I thought was appropriate. For example:

Code: Select all

90 degrees - 6 minutes - 64.57 seconds => 90 + 6/60 + 64.57/3600 = ##.#######
My Input => ##.####### x 1E07 = #########
The problem is that I am shown as residing in China. Does anyone have any idea as to what I am missing?

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone is able to provide,
-Latem

Lady Stardust fan
Development Team
Development Team

Re: Latitude / Longitude Input

Unread post by Lady Stardust fan » May 8th, 2010, 1:37 am

go to google maps, whatever value they give you, take away the decimal point and it will work.

I never took geography so I dont know how the system works
La Mer - 50_______Lady Stardust - 38_______I-R-Racoon - 41
"And I'd trade it all away for you my love..."

Wyatt
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Latitude / Longitude Input

Unread post by Wyatt » May 8th, 2010, 1:38 am

Actually as a regular forum user you don't have to put information for Latitude and Longitude.

Our Member Map is for clan members, unfortunately we haven't paid much mind to it for a while and I believe it still needs some development, though its core functions is working as expected.

Anyways, if the Longitude or Latitude ends with only 7 digits, add 2 more 0's to it and it should display correctly.

I will go ahead and remove that information for you from the Member Map, sorry about that and thanks for pointing this out.

I think the problem was that you was missing the "-" with latitude at the start of it.
Wyatt is so juicy, he's such a badass. he is fearless, he is like this carnal, feisty terminator type. he is really naughty and that makes him so much fun to play. Wyatt rocks!

Out here in the edge of the universe, who you are, what you believe, is everything!