Need help: Just installed linux

Here you will find sections to treat any problem your having.

Moderators: Wyatt, Council

Bitmoose
Initiate
Initiate

Need help: Just installed linux

Unread post by Bitmoose » May 19th, 2011, 1:41 am

Alright so i found this laptop that me and my sister broke a while ago, the screen is all cracked but i have it hooked up to my tv. I decided to install linux, Lucid Lynx to be exact, however when i finished installing it and i restarted my computer, i saw the loading screen but after that was gone my tv says no signal and i don't know what to do. I would appreciate any help you can give me... i'm not too sure how to switch back to windows either and it is kinda pissing me off xD. So please if you can think of a way to get my screen working i would give you my full allegiance and would praise you as my god lol. Thank you for your help in advance.

P.S i already tried to use the screen switch key with no success.

Mesho
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Re: Need help: Just installed linux

Unread post by Mesho » May 19th, 2011, 3:34 am

i dnt know about the linux how it works but i guess if u can try the safe mode sumthing like that then, try to use the desktop setting...
am not sure, but i guess wyatt could help out hes good with that... :/ ill try to search for this and ill post a reply helping you with that issue

try to press F4 or Fn

btw what kind of cable u are using the HDMI?

Bitmoose
Initiate
Initiate

Unread post by Bitmoose » May 19th, 2011, 10:29 am

Tried f4
Im using a vga cable

Wyatt
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Wyatt » May 19th, 2011, 12:42 pm

I would suggest you take this directly into the Linux forum of the game, maybe someone there can help you.

Link: http://www.regnumonline.com.ar/forum/fo ... y.php?f=15

As for Linux, I would totally recommend Ubuntu since its user friendly.
Wyatt is so juicy, he's such a badass. he is fearless, he is like this carnal, feisty terminator type. he is really naughty and that makes him so much fun to play. Wyatt rocks!

Out here in the edge of the universe, who you are, what you believe, is everything!

Bitmoose
Initiate
Initiate

Unread post by Bitmoose » May 19th, 2011, 6:52 pm

Just fixed the problem... I'm so stupid xD. It turned out the cd in my tray was messing everything up and ubuntu was trying to load 2 times or something... i don't know. But its all good may need some help trying to figure ubuntu out.