Member Map

News and special announcements and more information about important features are displayed here.

Moderators: Wyatt, Council

Wyatt
Administrator
Administrator

Member Map

Unread post by Wyatt » August 6th, 2009, 7:22 pm

Hello Clan,

We have incorated a new feature into the site, with a few days from testing in our test board/server we did a extreme amount of test and work to bring this feature live to our website.

Our new feature called "Member Map" is a feature most clans and website world wide use.

Mechanics:
This new feature is linked to your forum account.
Depending on what coordinates you put for Longitude and Lantitude it will show that location on the map with your main character name.

This feature will show where everyone from the clan is in the world and we are proud to have a International Clan as The Dark Legion.

Vijabei, Maltazar and I have put work and testing time to make sure this feature works and right now is fully functional and ready to use.

How to get your coordinates?

Simply use this website for such task:
http://itouchmap.com/latlong.html
http://www.batchgeocode.com/lookup/

With that website you will be able to look for the coordinates to put. Just follow the intructions asked in the website.

Using this feature is completely optional. You can input the coordinates in your User Control Panel and click on profile. Once there you will see more information regarding how to input the coordinates.

You can view the map by clicking on "Member Map" on the above. We hope you like this new feature! Enjoy!
Wyatt is so juicy, he's such a badass. he is fearless, he is like this carnal, feisty terminator type. he is really naughty and that makes him so much fun to play. Wyatt rocks!

Out here in the edge of the universe, who you are, what you believe, is everything!

Vijabei
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Member Map

Unread post by Vijabei » August 7th, 2009, 2:32 am

"How to use it" or "Why in hell I am living in the Atlantic Ocean near the Ivory Coast ?"

The most common reason is, that the coordinates are not filled up with zeros. At the moment created user profile fields don't accept those decimal numbers. The script divide the entered numbers by 10 million to get the correct longitude and latitude. So enter the datas like in this example:

Enter the longitude with seven decimal digits and multiply it with 10 million. EXAMPLE: if your longitude is -89.12345 then fill it up with 2 zeros until you have -89.1234500 and drop the point/comma. The final number is: -891234500.

Further questions? Then write to me or start a new discussion in the corresponding forum.

Greetz,
Vijabei
"The person you are calling is not available at present."

Chars:
  • Vijabei
  • Marlina
  • Joe Sixpack

Vijabei
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Member Map

Unread post by Vijabei » August 14th, 2009, 5:28 am

Hey all,

I spotted some useres at the coordinates 0:0

To clear the coordinates from your profile please delete everything because "0" is not empty. It is a possible coordinate. It shows you after clearing the fields and initial a "0", but the database stored "NULL", that's nothing, empty, nada, nichts etc :D :D

If you want to enter your coordinates but the marker does not show your location, then contact me.
"The person you are calling is not available at present."

Chars:
  • Vijabei
  • Marlina
  • Joe Sixpack