Regnum Map

In this forum you can report your feedback of our tools to improve them and so on. This is by no means a place where you can suggest for new features.

Moderators: Wyatt, Developers

ArcticWolf

Regnum Map

Unread post by ArcticWolf » December 24th, 2010, 5:34 pm

I'll try to be as concise as I can in this analysis.

First, I want to congratulate the dev. team for such a nice work. It's useful for beginners and experienced users alike, and a key tool for those trying to complete the quests. As a (former) developer of RolGPS, this was our main goal, and I'm happy to see other tools around.

Features:
The drag and scroll interface is intuitive
The x and z labels are aptly named. Some tools use x-y, which confuses new players.
The map shows the status for all realm walls and forts.
The crosshair is quite useful.

Things I'd like to suggest:
The map should be a static image, so it can be cached by the browser. The landmarks, crosshair and other points of interested should be drawn with javascript. This will also save you a lot of bandwidth.
Search with wildcards and filters. Filter by realm, profession, etc., and something like Sul* for npcs like Sultar.

Dracice
Development Team
Development Team

Re: Regnum Map

Unread post by Dracice » December 24th, 2010, 5:49 pm

ArcticWolf wrote:I'll try to be as concise as I can in this analysis.

First, I want to congratulate the dev. team for such a nice work. It's useful for beginners and experienced users alike, and a key tool for those trying to complete the quests. As a (former) developer of RolGPS, this was our main goal, and I'm happy to see other tools around.

Features:
The drag and scroll interface is intuitive
The x and z labels are aptly named. Some tools use x-y, which confuses new players.
The map shows the status for all realm walls and forts.
The crosshair is quite useful.

Things I'd like to suggest:
The map should be a static image, so it can be cached by the browser. The landmarks, crosshair and other points of interested should be drawn with javascript. This will also save you a lot of bandwidth.
Search with wildcards and filters. Filter by realm, profession, etc., and something like Sul* for npcs like Sultar.
yeah,there is one problem i'm not a JS skill so i used php and GD lib to make it working if there is someone who is able to replace my drawing in GD by JS i will be happy
Dracice ⚔ [60] : Salamek ⚕ [30] : Caprica Six [50]

Wyatt
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Wyatt » December 24th, 2010, 5:58 pm

Thanks Xephy for the feedback and congratulating us on this (basically is our first official tool)

Actually I don't think we have a Java script programmer aboard the development team, so we can't make it a static image yet, but that's a good idea you put here and its worth putting it into consideration if and when we get a java dev and is willing to work on that with us.

On second thought, I think Truewar is experienced in JS, I will ask him to check this topic and what you suggested.

Lots can be done and improved and your suggestion is very appreciated, thanks! We're working on translating the tool now to different languages! :D
Wyatt is so juicy, he's such a badass. he is fearless, he is like this carnal, feisty terminator type. he is really naughty and that makes him so much fun to play. Wyatt rocks!

Out here in the edge of the universe, who you are, what you believe, is everything!

Unread post by Guest » December 25th, 2010, 6:02 am

Great feedback! Thank you!

What you said we will take into consideration! Also, we're still not even close to finishing the map from what I have read and I believe a few more stuff will be added! So continue to give feedback on our current stage and future ones!

We are also translating the tool as Wyatt pointed out to several other languages, so we're looking for volunteers for that as well!

Merry Christmas!

Wyatt
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Wyatt » December 29th, 2010, 9:42 pm

We added several new features

New: Gem status on all servers (Look at the portal area for gems)
New: Several new languages are now suppported: Spanish, Portuguese
Modified: Added several more details to the ABOUT page to include new details of map and its current features

We now need a German and French volunteer to help us translate the page to German and French language.

Let us know your feedback here about the new features.
Wyatt is so juicy, he's such a badass. he is fearless, he is like this carnal, feisty terminator type. he is really naughty and that makes him so much fun to play. Wyatt rocks!

Out here in the edge of the universe, who you are, what you believe, is everything!